rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Traveling LOW-BUDGET: Couchsurfing

What is CouchSuring?
CouchSurfing is a non-profit organization that connects people, places and cultures around the world.

How does CouchSurfing work?
It's simple. If you have a couch anywhere in the world, that you are willing to share with foreign travelers, you pretty much a have a place to stay in every corner of the planet!

My experience as a CouchSurfer.
As soon as I got my own house in Chania (Greece), I started hosting people that I've never seen/met before.
In just a few months I hosted more than 20 people,
who I never will forget.
I made very good friends and very meaningful connections with some of them by having only one thing in common.
A never ending love for traveling and exploring.
CouchSurfing is a life changing experience.
TRUST. TRUTH. LOVE. UNITY.
Things that society is missing, survive in the hearts of CouchSurfers and travelers.

Is CouchSurfing safe?
Sharing your life with someone you have never met before sounds risky to many people.
CouchSurfing has a security system that is based on references.
Which means if I meet someone and have a positive experience with him/her,
I will write a reference saying that
"yes, you can trust this person, we had a great time together yada yada yada..."
so that other people know that this person is trustworthy.
Then there is a "higher level of security" called "the vouches".
Which means, if you highly trust someone you can vouch for him.
But you have the right to vouch for someone, only if you already have 3 vouches your self.
Another thing that people misunderstand is that, of course you can choose not to host or not to meet someone. And obviously you get to choose who you are going to be hosted by.

Anyway, this is a legit system, but once you become a CouchSurfer you will understand that this is not the most important thing. It's all about connections, tearing down stereotypes, getting rid of your fears and interacting with new people openly and with respect to each other.
Some people tend to say: "CouchSurfers are good people by definition."
...my experience so far proves it.

CouchSurfing as a way of traveling.
CouchSurfing is indeed a cheap/free way to travel.
Although as I explained earlier there is a lot more to it.
I definitely suggest to anyone in the world to take advantage of it,
as long as you are willing to share experiences, feelings, adventures, food, sleeping surface, thoughts and dreams.
The world is beautiful indeed if you open your eyes and listen to what other people have to say.
"Love the universe and it will love you back."

Click the logo on top for more information on the vision of CouchSurfing.

0 σχόλια:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... Speak up!